The Yule Log To Make Your Christmas Table Complete
Nothing sings of Christmas more than a whimsical yule log cake on the table during this festive season!
Here is a recipe straight from the culinary minds at Cinnamon Hotels!
Try this at home and share your creations by tagging our page and using the hashtag #xmaswithcinnnamon!
You can also order this and many more festive treats from the Coffee Stop at Cinnamon Grand Colombo - +94 112 497361 / 2 or +94 77 395 6326 (WhatsApp) and Goodies at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo - +94 112 491804 or +94 71 388 3117
We deliver straight to your home too!
Ingredients for the Sponge
3 Large eggs
2 tbs Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Baking powder
Ingredients for the Filling
140g Dark chocolate
200g Icing sugar
50g Cocoa powder
Ingredients for Garnishing
Few holly sprigs
1. Heat the oven to 200C/ 180C. Butter and line a Swiss roll tin with baking parchment.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar together with an electric whisk for about 8 minutes until the mixture is thick and creamy.
3. Mix the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together. Then sift onto the egg mixture.
4. Fold in carefully adding the melted butter. Then pour in the tin. Tip the tin from side to side to spread the mixture into the corners. Subsequently, bake this for 10 minutes.
5. To make the icing, cream the butter and add icing sugar gradually. Add the melted chocolate and cocoa powder. Beat until it’s creamy and smooth.
Unravel the cake, spread the cream over the top. Then carefully roll up into a log.
6. Cut a thick diagonal slice from one end of the slice, with the diagonal cut against the cake to make a branch. Spread the icing over the log & branch (do not cover the ends)
7. You can use a fork to mark the icing to give the effect of a tree bark. Follow this by sprinkling chocolates flakes, scatter icing sugar to resemble snow. Finally decorate with holly and berries.
#CinnamonCityHotels #CinnamonHotels #InspiringMoments #SriLanka